Here is our Maqueen Plus V2, look at this cool guy! You must be wanna play with him right now. OK, let's get started.
Learn how to drive a motor.
1. Input https://makecode.microbit.org/ into your browser to enter the MakeCode editor.
2. Click "new project" to enter the MakeCode programming interface.
1. To program Maqueen Plus V2, we have to find the related blocks in MakeCode Extensions. Maqueen Plus V2 Library: https://github.com/DFRobot/pxt-DFRobot_MaqueenPlus_v20
2. When the Maqueen Plus V2 library is loaded successfully, there will be an icon "+ Maqueen Plus V2" appearing in the command block section. Click the icon then you will see all the related blocks. Refer to appendix 1 to check the detailed description of these blocks.
1. Embed the "initialize Maqueen Plus V2" block into the "on start" block.
2. Embed the motor control block into the "forever" block.
3. Change the "left" to "all" in the motor control block to let Maqueen Plus V2's two wheels move at the speed of 100.
4. The complete program is shown below.
5. Save and name the project as "Let's move, Maqueen".
1. Connect to a computer: Connect the micro:bit to your computer with a USB cable before downloading. There will be a hard disk named "micro:bit" appearing in the computer when the connection is successful.
2.Download the program: Click to download your project into the micro:bit hard disk.
3. Install the micro:bit board: After downloading the program, unplug the USB cable and plug the micro:bit board into Maqueen Plus V2.
When you completed all the above steps, connect the power cable of the AA battery panel to the BAT of Maqueen Plus V2 and turn on the power switch, then Maqueen Plus V2 starts running!
We have learned the program to make Maqueen Plus V2 move forward, but in our daily life, a car is also able to move backward, do you know how to realize that on Maqueen Plus V2? Can you program Maqueen Plus V2 to let it go backward at the speed of 100? Give it a try!
Tip: Just do a little change to the motor control block!
Engage in learning the next Robot project：Walking Emoji
Engage in learning the previous Robot project : Introduction to Maqueen Plus V2